There are three major companies that make the processors of Android TV boxes: AmLogic, RockChip, and Allwinner. AmLogic is the most common out of the three while RockChip based devices only look great on paper. Allwinner has a reputation of promising many things but not delivering at the final moment.
Product details of Tanix TX6 Android 9.0 Smart TV Box 4GB RAM 32GB ROM Android Smart TV Box
- Warranty: 06Months Warranty Without Burn/Broken
- Brand: TX6
- Model: TX6 / TX6-A
- Processor: AllWinner H6 Quad Core Cortex A63 CPU- 64 bit @ 1.5 GHz
- Graphics Processor: Mali T720 Penta Core GPU
- RAM: 4GB DDR3
- ROM: 32GB (internal storage/NAND flash ) Supports up to 2TB storage via external HDD, pen drive and memory cards.
- Android Version: Android 9.0 Pie
- It can be used in any television, projector and monitor.
- Interfaces: USB 3.0 x 1, USB 2.0 x 2 , RJ45/LAN, SPDIF, HDMI Out, DC Power In
- Wi-Fi: 2.4 GHz WiFI , 5GHz WiFi ( optional)
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0 Optional
- Wireless Display: Supports Miracast, Airplay, DLNA
Memory makes the operating system go, so the more the better. However, there is a practical amount of RAM you can use, and right now it’s 4GB. Anything more than that will be wastage
There are smartphones in the market with 128GB and 256GB. But most of the TV Boxes are still stuck in 16GB. The reason is cost, and the fact that we use Android Boxes for streaming does help. There are a few TV boxes with 32GB internal storage which will help if you are a gamer.
4. Wi-Fi & Ethernet
Before choosing an Android TV Box, make sure that it has at least 802.11 ac or a Gigabit Ethernet which is still the preferred method to connect to the Internet.
5. HDMI 2.0
This is necessary if you want to play 4K content at 60 frames per second. Some devices come with an older HDMI 1.4 where you will be limited to 30 frames per second. So better choose an HDMI 2.0 port and future proof your device